Hello.


My name is Lisa Killeen and I am the author and photographer of HungerHabit.

I currently live in Chicago with my husband, Martin, my son, Leo, and my little terrier, Indiana.  Yep, you guessed it...I grew up in Indiana. I also graduated from Indiana University where I studied English Literature.  Straight after graduation, I moved to London for 10 years. I was lucky enough to spend a lot of my time traveling and eating along the way. I have particularly vivid memories of France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Vietnam, and of course, England-all of which influence the way I cook today.

I married the English guy I moved to London with and never looked back...until he suggested we move to Chicago.  It was a big move.  Martin and Indy sailed across the Atlantic on the Queen Mary.



After a few years in the Windy City, we welcomed our little boy Leo Thomas on March 19, 2012.


Our lives over the last few years have seen a lot of changes, but what remains the same is my love for all things food. I like soft boiled eggs with soldiers and marmite, roast chicken, yorkshire pudding, black pudding, escargot with garlic and butter, curry, almond croissants, pistachio ice cream, peanut butter, pickles, red chili and cheese...any kind of cheese. I like to cook with a glass of wine in hand...or a good English ale.

Unless otherwise stated, all pictures on the blog are taken by me and, occasionally, by my husband, Martin. I try my best, but I'm still learning!

I appreciate you reading this blog and if you'd like to get in touch, please leave a comment!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa...looking great so far...

    Love as always from your favourite mother-in-law, who has always enjoyed your cooking and is up for sampling some more at Easter - U.S. style,
    Les xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lis,

    LOVE it :) Keep up the good work online and in the kitchen! I will definitely be back for more. Best of Luck...

    XX, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have you as a bookmark on my browser! Love this. It reminds me of Orangette, but with someone I know and love! Congratulations on a fantastic first few posts. I look forward to many more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun blog! I am so impressed that my eldest niece is so creative and talented. Your documentary on the family reunion is as amazing as you are. Your menu was incredible!! Can't wait to see more...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Patty!!! I loved cooking with you!!

    ReplyDelete